Skip navigation

Old photos in iPhoto deleted after I upgrade to OSX & new iPhoto

1333 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 31, 2013 12:19 AM by léonie RSS
namcita Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Oct 29, 2013 10:07 PM

After I upgraded my iMac to OSX Mavericks and installed new iPhoto, all my old photos that I imported in the old iPhoto disappeared. I have checked in "original" & "modified" folder but nothing there. Anyone know the problem?

One more question, my photo stream only load photo that I took in October & Nov, not the older ones. Is that my photo stream has problem or what?

Thanks.

iPhoto '08, OS X Mavericks (10.9)
  • léonie Level 8 Level 8 (46,570 points)

Then the new iPhoto version probably created a new iPhoto library.

Where is your iPhoto library located? Did you keep it in your "Pictures" folder or on an external drive?

Search your mac for other iPhoto libraries - type "Library6.iphoto" into the spotlight searchfield. DO you see more than one library there?

One more question, my photo stream only load photo that I took in October & Nov, not the older ones. Is that my photo stream has problem or what?

When you activate "Photo Stream" for a new library, it will download what  is currently stored on the iCloud server, and that is limited to the last 30 days.

What your screenshot is showing, are the internal libraries in your current iphoto library. So it is not surprising, that the are both the same. Did you find only one "Library6.iPhoto"?

First thing to do, open the library itself, not the files inside.

Your screenshot is showing, that these files have been created and last opened a year ago. That cannot be your cureent library with all your pictures.

Open your "Pictures" folder and select the file "iPhoto Library" in that folder. What is the date there that you are seeing? Is the "last modified" newer?

Then try to find a different PhotoLibrary by holding down the alt/options ⌥ while double clicking that Photo Library. Do you see a panel with more library options to chose from?

when you click the second "iPhoto Library" - not the (default) - does it show the same path in the bar below the window - is it really the same library in a different folder and not the Pictures folder?

LibsScreen+Shot+2013.jpg

You could try to search with a different tool for "Library6":  Download Find Any File...

http://apps.tempel.org/FindAnyFile/

To search for all files, hold down the al/options key whwn selecting "Find".

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.