Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Old photos in iPhoto deleted after I upgrade to OSX & new iPhoto

After I upgraded my iMac to OSX Mavericks and installed new iPhoto, all my old photos that I imported in the old iPhoto disappeared. I have checked in "original" & "modified" folder but nothing there. Anyone know the problem?

One more question, my photo stream only load photo that I took in October & Nov, not the older ones. Is that my photo stream has problem or what?

Thanks.

iPhoto '08, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 10:07 PM

6 replies

Oct 30, 2013 1:48 AM in response to namcita

What your screenshot is showing, are the internal libraries in your current iphoto library. So it is not surprising, that the are both the same. Did you find only one "Library6.iPhoto"?

First thing to do, open the library itself, not the files inside.

Your screenshot is showing, that these files have been created and last opened a year ago. That cannot be your cureent library with all your pictures.

Open your "Pictures" folder and select the file "iPhoto Library" in that folder. What is the date there that you are seeing? Is the "last modified" newer?

Then try to find a different PhotoLibrary by holding down the alt/options ⌥ while double clicking that Photo Library. Do you see a panel with more library options to chose from?

Oct 30, 2013 7:09 PM in response to léonie

First I have to sorry for wrong attachment. here's the right one

User uploaded file

After I click Show Package Contents it's like this

User uploaded file

I have searched for Library6.iPhoto but nothing appeared.

User uploaded file

When I click on Library.iPhoto (or Library6.iPhoto) and do as you said (hold down Alt while double click it), it shows like this

User uploaded file

But when I click on both of them, they are still the same.

Any other places that the old library can locate? Remember I modified nothing about location when installing it.

Thanks.

Oct 31, 2013 12:19 AM in response to namcita

when you click the second "iPhoto Library" - not the (default) - does it show the same path in the bar below the window - is it really the same library in a different folder and not the Pictures folder?

User uploaded file

You could try to search with a different tool for "Library6": Download Find Any File...

http://apps.tempel.org/FindAnyFile/

To search for all files, hold down the al/options key whwn selecting "Find".

Old photos in iPhoto deleted after I upgrade to OSX & new iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.