Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages, Numbers in iOS 7 won't open existing docs--Solved

I Upgraded to ios 7 on an ipad2, iPhone 4 and new 5s. When I tried opening documents in Pages I got : Error, Document Cannot be Opened. Any I tried I got the same response. I also tried the same routine in Numbers with the same results. Googling the problem brought me here but still found no solution. I started looking into the Settings panel, Icloud and my documents were turned On to be synced in the cloud. Tried turning it off. Nothing. I then went to the Settings for each App and it had a switch to use Icloud. Didn't look right. Documents were already being saved and or synced in the iCloud settings. So I turned the switch to Off. Went into the Apps after restarting them and clicked on a Pages document, a pop up showed asking if I wanted to keep it on my iPad or continue using iCloud and one more choice. .I picked the first choice and it worked. I tested other documents and they all worked. Same thing in Numbers.

I Hope this helps some of you others facing similar problems.

Solution: go to Settings/Pages and turn off "Use iCloud" option. Restart Pages and click on each Document to "Keep on my iDevice". Repeat with Numbers. You can still sync with the iCloud App. Not sure what happens with syncing but at least I have local copies of my Documents I can work with on at least one device.

Rd

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Oct 29, 2013 10:11 PM

There are no replies.

Pages, Numbers in iOS 7 won't open existing docs--Solved

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.