Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi Canon Camera launches iPhoto (in Mavericks), but nothing shows to import?

Prior to upgrading to Maverick, I had no troubles connecting my Canon S110 wirelessly to my neatork, computer, and into iPhoto.
Now, when I connect the camera to my computer, the computer detects the connection, and even launches iPhoto, so it's being detected

- but that's it, no options to import anything, so I had to remove the SD card and do it the old fashioned way.
I don't see any updates, but assume something broke, but wondering if anyone has experienced the same or if there's something I might have missed.
Thanks

iPhoto '11, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 30, 2013 1:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2013 1:40 AM

Probably a good idea to contact Canon support. It is likely that they need to provide an update for OS X 9.x.x

LN

16 replies

Nov 4, 2013 4:58 AM in response to Gary3000

Have you tried opening ImageCapture on your Mac to see if that detects your camera via WiFi (it should appear as a shared device, you may need to click on "Shared Devices" on the left to show it)? If so, you can set it to import the images directly into iPhoto. This is what I'm doing with my Canon 6D with Mavericks and the latest versions of Aperture/iPhoto.

Dec 30, 2013 1:54 PM in response to LarryHN

I just sent a report to Apple - iPhoto menu ==> provide iPhoto feedback
as I'd say that considering my camera (PowerShot S110) is still being sold as new by Canon, Apple should still support it as well.

Image Capture works as an ok workaround, although it's not as seamless as using iPhoto directly, as I prefer to have iPhoto give me the option to delete photos off the camera once they've been imported. - and it prevents re-importing the same photos twice.

Dec 30, 2013 2:46 PM in response to Gary3000

Image capture can delete the photos too - However a best practice to is to never have any computer program (including iPhoto) delete the photos from the card but to import the photos and keep them and then after at least one successful backup cycle has completed and then reformat the card -- I use three very large (32 GB) cards in rotation so I do not reformat for typically a year or more giving me one more long term backup of my photos

LN

Dec 30, 2013 3:23 PM in response to LarryHN

When I tried manually deleting files via Image Capture, it seemed to hang up.- not nealry as elegant or simple as using iPhoto

Plus iPhoto can tell which photos have been imported prior or not, (if you leave photos on your memory cards)

I have Time Machine running, so things get backed up reguarly.
worse case scenarioI can use a disk recovery app if for any reason my main drive would go down prior to backup.

Jan 4, 2014 1:48 PM in response to Gary3000

I have the same issues with updated OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 and iPhoto 9.5.1 (902.17). To me it seems it is iPhoto problem, since if it was Canon firmware problem, the camera would not be visible in Image Capture either, right? And besides WiFi connection to computer + iPhoto import worked like a charm before update. I Also sent the feedback via iPhoto.

Any news on update from Apple??

p.s. IMHO it is sad that Apple remains to my eyes always silent in these forums with the problems I've googled now or in the past.

Jan 4, 2014 3:07 PM in response to daBowmore

There is no news here on any of Apple's plans.

I have no idea why you're sad that Apple is silent on the forums. These forums are designed specifically for users to talk to other users. Nowhere does Apple even promise to read them, not to mind respond on them. You might as well be sad that NASA doesn't repond on them. So cheer up.

Wifi Canon Camera launches iPhoto (in Mavericks), but nothing shows to import?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.