Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downgraded back to Pages '09 = Files won't open

My .pages documents can't open because they demand an Pages update. What can I do? I will NOT upgrade to Pages 5.0 again, it was a disaster for my workflow.

Posted on Oct 30, 2013 2:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2013 2:33 AM

Lillianw83 wrote:

My .pages documents can't open because they demand an Pages update. What can I do? I will NOT upgrade to Pages 5.0 again, it was a disaster for my workflow.

Once you save a doc in Pages 5, the format is incompatible with Pages 4.3

You must open it in Pages 5 and export it to iWork '09

Then you will be able to open it again in Pages 4.3, although some permanent damage may remain (i.e. headers, graphic background in tables etc.)

Short guide ot going back to iWork '09 here:

http://sonofgeektalk.wordpress.com/2013/10/28/un-*******-apples-*****/

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2013 2:33 AM in response to Lillianw83

Lillianw83 wrote:

Once you save a doc in Pages 5, the format is incompatible with Pages 4.3

You must open it in Pages 5 and export it to iWork '09

Then you will be able to open it again in Pages 4.3, although some permanent damage may remain (i.e. headers, graphic background in tables etc.)

Short guide ot going back to iWork '09 here:

http://sonofgeektalk.wordpress.com/2013/10/28/un-*******-apples-*****/

Apr 8, 2014 7:26 PM in response to Lillianw83

Hi.

I've exported manually my files, from Pages 5 to Pages '09, with the exception of 3 of them.

I had no issues with barely formatted text (font, size), or with tables, or sections. With files originally created with Pages 5, neither. Even with files created in Pages 5 using templates.

I don't know what's the problem with those 3 files. They were created in '09, eventually edited in 5 and now I can only open them with 5.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Downgraded back to Pages '09 = Files won't open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.