Previous 1 2 3 Next 87 Replies Latest reply: Nov 26, 2015 8:03 AM by julien34000
deebrown Level 1 (0 points)

I had no problem playing movies from either iPad 2 or iPhone 4s before the IOS upgrade.
But recently the connection seems dropping evey few minutes when playing movies from on device.

Anyone has any problem lately?

iPhone 4S
  • diesel vdub Level 7 (21,995 points)

Troubleshoot the network, it is not an iOS issue.

• Eikokubyou Level 1 (0 points)

It's not the network. I have the same issue. The iPhone 4 from two (three?) years ago holds the connection like a champ. The brand new ipad running iOS 7 drops it at seemingly odd intervals while listening to music from it via my Apple TV. Today, I found that it also dropped it whenever the "buy a new brush" dialogue was brought up in the Paper sketching app.

• thebigother Level 1 (0 points)

I have the same problem. my music seems to drop within a couple minutes of playing over Apple TV. Airplay needs to be fixed.

There is nothing in AirPlay that needs to be fixed, the issue is the network.  If the intent is to have AirPlay fully functional, stop blaming Apple and troubleshoot the network.  Then when the real problem is found, fix it.

• Eikokubyou Level 1 (0 points)

I've already established that the point of failure is in the newer device. If it were the network, I'd be having similar difficulties with my iOS 6 device as well. I am not. You can decree AirPlay's perfection til you are blue in the face; it won't change the fact that I am only running into trouble on my iOS 7 device. I will be ignoring any further posts from you, vdub, until you start adding something to the discussion.

You also cannot change the fact that it simply works for the vast majority of users.  Those posting here with problems are a fraction of a percentage of iOS users.  The issue is not iOS, it is something specific to the environment in which those users are having issues.

Ignore reality if you like, but enjoy malfunctioning equipment.

• bcgwyn Level 1 (0 points)

Can confirm this as well.  All my iOS7 devices drop from Apple TV several times over a 3 minute period. Zero problems before ios7.

• Jager Level 1 (0 points)

I too, am having issues of dropping Airplay signals on a new iPhone 5C and a 4S and iPad with iOS7...My MacBookAir (OS X 10.8.5) connects and holds like a champ...as does an older 2009 Mac with OS X 10.9 running Airparrot.

It's only the iOS7 devices that seem to drop the signal after a few minutes...

Love to see an Apple rep jump in here.

• Powders Level 1 (0 points)

I have the same issue. As soon as my Ipad goes into powersave mode I lose connection. I have done software upgrades to both AppleTV and IPad but it hasn't improved situation

• hpetya Level 1 (0 points)

Same here with iPhone 4 iOS 7.0.3. Even bumpy when switching Auto-Lock to "never". Would be glad to know when it's fixed.

• hpetya Level 1 (0 points)

Strange, because with deezer app airplay works good. Probably because it is also streaming meanwhile, so the connection is kept alive.

• Carms Level 1 (5 points)

Having the same issue. Airplay connection drops with content streamed from iPhone music app. However it works fine with pandora or other music sources. This is not a network issue, but does seem to depend on the app serving as the source of the content.

• beaudjangles Level 1 (0 points)

Can confirm also happening with iphone 5 on iOS 7.0.4 and ATV2 on OS 5.4.  Nothing is jail broken.  ATV is connected via LAN and no previous issues with identical setup other than the last ios 6 release.

• Jonnypz4 Level 1 (0 points)

Same issue here, it is not the network! There is obviously something wrong with IOS as my iMac has no issues. Any support on here from Apple!?!

Previous 1 2 3 Next