Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot deauthorize my library

I have itunes and a significant portion of my itunes library are store purchases. I have had to reinstall my windows OS quite a few times recently due to not installing it properly. I have had a few different laptops in the past year as well, (3 of them) and i have authorized my library on all of these devices except the last install of windows, and my newest laptop. Now, it will not let me authorize my new laptop and freshly formatted Desktop due to using all of my authorization slots. But here's the problem - I cannot deauthorize all, as it won't let me until june of 2014 for some reason, and I can't access the old devices to deauthroize them manually because I either formatted them or do not have them any more. Holding my library hostage is unacceptable, and I want access to the things I paid for like my music and itunes match content in the cloud. However, when I click the links to livechat with apple to have this issue resolved, they do not do anything and the hyperlink doesn't actually have a link associated to it, so I can not contact support as I work overnight and sleep during the phone support hours of operation. I'm getting really sick of not being able to use something I have every right to, and then when I try to get it fixed, all I get is a broken link. Someone needs to do something about this, or I will quit using apple products alltogether. There is no point in using itunes if it won't let me use half my library, or pull up my cloud library from my laptop.

Posted on Oct 30, 2013 2:20 AM

There are no replies.

Cannot deauthorize my library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.