Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a problem in IOS7 adding additional address to an email account

I have two email accounts set up on my iPad and iPhone one of these is an IMAP account. Under IOS 6 it was possible to add additional email addresses so that they became available in the "From' when sending a mail. Under IOS 7 this was made more obvious but I am having problems making it work.

If I go ino Settings/Mail, Contacts.../the account/ and select the account screen, under Email there is a Disclosure Indicator and when I follow that I see the list of addresses I had added under IOS 6 with an option to "Add Another Email...". If I select that I can insert an additional address at the bottom but there does not appear to be a way to save it e.g. no Done to tap.

Initially I thought this was an iPad only problem because I was able to set up a test address on my iPhone but having deleted this test address I now get the same behaviour on it as well.

Has anyone else come across this and if so did you find a solution?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2), iPhone 4S and iPad

Posted on Oct 30, 2013 4:21 AM

10 replies

Jul 14, 2014 5:20 AM in response to Alfred DeRose

Hi Alfred,

Hope you can help me as well. Even prior to upgrading to iO7 on my iPhone, my email aliases suddenly stopped working on my iPhone 5. I deleted the primary account and added it back in, but the previous method of adding the other aliases didn't work anymore. I did find the option to 'add another email,' and pressing 'return' did not allow the alias to save - I got an error message that said: "Invalid email address. Please enter a valid email address for this account."

It's critical for me to be reply 'from' these other aliases, and iO7 no longer allows you to add multiple comma-separated valued to the defaul/main IMAP address.

Can you help?

Many thanks in advance for any help!

Is there a problem in IOS7 adding additional address to an email account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.