Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant install snow leopard - time machine issue

I can't get past the initial install test, because once long ago, I accidentally clicked time machine onto the HD, and even though it isn't in the list of time machine disks anymore, the install goes no further than disk selection.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Posted on Oct 30, 2013 4:30 AM

7 replies

Oct 30, 2013 7:27 AM in response to sanjampet

Try holding the OPTION key when you boot up and selecting the Mac HD volume from the select screeen when it comes up. You may want to try it with TM turned off.

I still strongly suggest that you have an external drive for a back up before trying anything, if there is any king issue your data is at risk. It not question if your drive will fail, the question is when.

Also more on TM can be found here.

http://pondini.org/OSX/Home.html

Oct 30, 2013 7:37 AM in response to Piet Visser

Also go to disk utilities and do a permissions repair and a disk verification to see there are any errors.

Is your external drive connected when trying to do this? If so disconnect it, turn off TM in system prefs, and boot holdong the OPTION key then select your internal drive to boot from and try the install.

If it shows the same screen as you posted, then your best bet is to do a clean install, and retoring the data from your back up disk.

Oct 30, 2013 11:49 AM in response to Piet Visser

Piet Visser wrote:

once long ago, I accidentally clicked time machine onto the HD

I'm understanding that once you accidentally chose your inner disk as destination for Time Machine backups. That sounds strange to me: you shouldn't be allowed to do that. Let me ask a stupid question: do you happen to have a Backups.backupbd folder at the root directory of Macintosh HD?

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2986

Cant install snow leopard - time machine issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.