Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Placeholder and images problems

Hi,

I've seen many of us are having troubles with the new version of Keynote.

Placeholder is becoming specific

I used to have in my Keynote'09 templates "generic" placeholders that could be used for image, graphics, videos ... From what I understood placeholders can't be used to images anymore, at least it doesn't seem so on my computer.

Problem 1 : I have to re-create all my template to include a specific image placeholder.

That's not a huge trouble, I can live with that.

Media placeholder and image resizing

After editing the themes master slides and adding media placeholders, problems are not over.

Before when I pasted a picture it was automaticaly resized to fit the placeholder size.

Problem 2 : when you paste a media it's automaticaly zoomed in so the media placeholder has no blank zone, but image is cropped.

Again you can edit it after and solve the problem, but it's taking time...

Changing master slide makes images disapear

In the same template I often create several master slides with different colors. I have edited it and added media placeholder. But it's not that simple anymore with keynote 13.

Problem 3 : when you edit your presentation and switch from let's say green colored master slide to red colored master slider (both with the exact same media placeholder) your image is gone.

I didn't find an easy way to solve it. And I find it very dangerous when you mass edit your theme...

Did you have these problems too? did you manage to solve it?

I'll stick to old version, as this one doesn't add much but troubles.

Was expecting so much from this new version...

Keynote-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 30, 2013 4:59 AM

There are no replies.

Placeholder and images problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.