3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 30, 2013 7:20 AM by Ralph9430
Jk9999 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I can be using my safari application to read news, or anything else, and it will just kick me back to my main application page.  Super frustrating,  has anyone else had this problem?! 

iPad 2, iOS 7.0.3, Will kick me out frequently
  • Kilgore-Trout Level 7 Level 7 (27,740 points)

Try a reset: Simultaneously hold down the Home and On buttons until the device shuts down. Ignore the off slider if it appears. Once shut down is complete, if it doesn't restart on it own, turn the device back on using the On button. In some cases it also helps to double click the Home button and close all apps BEFORE doing the reset.

• Cabedogg Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Same problem.  I have to do a hard reset at least twice a day since installing iOS 7.0.3.  I have had my iPad over a year and never had to do a hard reset before switching to new iOS.  Very unhappy with this.  Wifi not connecting, keyboard failing, locking up regularly, slow in apps, mail not syncing.  I hate it!  will be looking at Galaxy tab for next purchase.

• Ralph9430 Level 6 Level 6 (15,665 points)

I use iOS 7.0.3 on an iPad 2 and browse the web extensively with Safari. It rarely quits back to the Home screen.

You might clear the cache and history using the Settings app.

Settings > Safari > Clear cookies

Settings > Safari > Clear History

Also make sure that your iPad has enough free space to operate efficiently. I've read that 15-20% of the storage space on an iPad should be available for smooth operation. Delete stuff to free up more space.