Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud collapsing all around me

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much, in advance, for any help you can provide me here.

iCloud syncing is no longer functioning for me in either direction: anything I edit in Reminders or Calendar on my Mac is not updating on my iPhone, and vice versa. Normally, I would just chalk this up to the iCloud service being balky or whatever, but there are a couple of other data points leading me to think something more serious is happening with my devices. For one thing, I am unable to open the iCloud preference pane on my computer--System Preferences freezes every time I try to do so. And when I attempt to manually refresh Calendar on my Mac, it simply says "Updating..." in the upper left but never actually updates.

Even more strangely, I am able to access iCloud.com via a web browser without any trouble, so I know it's not my passwords or anything.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I might go about fixing these issues? I really appreciate whatever insight you might be able to provide.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Oct 30, 2013 6:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2013 7:12 AM

You might try going to System Preferences>iCloud on your Mac, click Sign Out, choose Delete at all of the prompts (your data will still be in iCloud), then restart your Mac and go back and sign back in. This only temporarily removes the iCloud data from your Mac; it will reappear when you sign back in after a brief delay as it redownloads.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2013 7:12 AM in response to Sammy Stefanki

You might try going to System Preferences>iCloud on your Mac, click Sign Out, choose Delete at all of the prompts (your data will still be in iCloud), then restart your Mac and go back and sign back in. This only temporarily removes the iCloud data from your Mac; it will reappear when you sign back in after a brief delay as it redownloads.

iCloud collapsing all around me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.