Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mavericks and Outlook - repeated download of same emails

Since my Mavericks upgrade my outlook 2011 download duplicate emails that have already been received. I rebuilt my identity database and it did not help. I am on Outlook 14.3.8 (Outlook 2011). Does anyone know how to either fix this issue permanently or roll back the Mavericks upgrade?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 30, 2013 7:13 AM

108 replies

Oct 30, 2013 9:44 AM in response to sacfxdx2

I've upgraded to Maverick since a couple of days and I have the same problem with Mail:

. duplicate email already received

. refuse to put a message in account subdirectories, the message remains in the Inbox place.

I've also big problem with App Store and Contacts.......the system does not open 'em at all.

Reboot it's unuseful to solve the problem.

Any idea?

Oct 31, 2013 8:39 AM in response to hispeed

I solved some of the many Mavericks problems reinstalling OSX from the first step.

Turn on the Mac holding option(alt) button pressed, then you choose to install again the OS.

. Now Mail seems to run like before.

My message aren't rejected by subdirectories.

. I can open Contacts with new graphics, but I have problem with two different lists of Exchange contacts,

the password erase itself after written down in System Preferences/Internet Contacts.

Don't know what to do.

I have exclamation point beside the two lists with error like this:

The operation couldn’t be completed. (SOAPWebServicesErrorDomain error -997.)

. App Store run again

. Still have problem with both Numbers and Pages....they crash immediately after a blinking window flash.

Now I try to install again these two.

Nov 1, 2013 6:18 PM in response to sacfxdx2

I have had the same problem - duplicate emails in Outlook since Mavericks install. I had my Outlook mail accounts set up to leave the mail on the server for 1 day. I changed this to deleting mail from the server after downloading and the duplicates no longer appear. This is not a good solution but may help as a stop gap until Apple and Microsoft can get their act together.

I have also had lots of "Connection to the server failed or was dropped." errors which only seem to appear when Outlook is left to download mail automatically. I guess these two faults are linked.

Any ideas anyone?

Mavericks and Outlook - repeated download of same emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.