Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maps does not work

I recently upgraded to Mavricks, and at first Maps was great, but then it stopped producing maps. What should I do?

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Oct 30, 2013 8:14 AM

24 replies

Nov 2, 2013 11:17 AM in response to HAK100

I just noticed something funny...

I upgraded to Mavericks two days ago and the maps application worked just fine.

About an two hours ago I noticed that maps would display it's contents in the window for about a second anf then the contents of the window would be cleared. Nothing worked to restore the app to working order. (Including signing in and signing out of iCloud.)

During this time I was performing an upgrade via Apple Store of iMovie.

Now the software update of iMovie is complete.

I retried maps and everything is great again...(maybe a bandwidth problem???)

Anyway, thought I'd share my experience here.

Nov 9, 2013 11:56 AM in response to HAK100

I have had the maps-not-displaying-anything problem as well since initial installation of Mavericks. Unfortunately none of the suggestions in this thread have enabled me to get it to work properly.

And signing out and back in to iCloud was a huge pain in the ***. In addition to other inconveiences with regard to this process, I'm receiving a Mail notification for every one of the 23k messages in my Inbox...this is a huge fail.

I've reported the problem at least twice.

Nov 16, 2013 2:25 AM in response to HAK100

Problem is related to the Dock ...

If you type in terminal: killall Dock

problems are gone and the maps are working again...

But like you are writing, it is working for a while, until the problem occures again ...

When you restart Dock again, it will help again for a while :-)

Reported to apple. ..

Other procedures (restart, log off) helped too, because you are killing Dock.

Peter

Maps does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.