Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone5s package stolen form front porch, how to find its serial and IMEI#'s

I had my brand new iPhone5s stolen off my front porch still in its FedEx box. The police are asking me for the phones serial# and IMEI#. I do not have the phone or the box and it was never activated. I asked Verizon for these numbers and they said that the serial#, IMEI# and MEID# are all the same number. She also gave me an SIM# which I have no idea what that is. Is what Verizon is saying correct? Are the serial#, IMEI# and MEID# are all the same number? If not how can I get this information without the phone or box to reference?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Oct 30, 2013 10:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2013 10:29 AM

no they are not but that being said it's very likely that verzon don't have any of the numbers

both IMEI and serial nr are 100% a phone thing and when it was never activated the phone company would never had been exposed to them

4 replies

Oct 30, 2013 3:28 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Thanks, this helps clear things up a bit. So if Verizon has no knowledge of the serial number how should I go about aquiering it? Is this something I will have to find by contacting Apple directly? I should note that I dont have insurace on the phone though Apple so I may not be able to even have that conversation with them without paying them a fee.

iPhone5s package stolen form front porch, how to find its serial and IMEI#'s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.