Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

help maverick does not synchronise adress book and calendar with itunes

Apple supressed the itunes synchronisation of calendar and adress book with maverick!

Is there an other possibility to do this locally?

I don't want to share my private things with america!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 30, 2013 9:49 AM

13 replies

Oct 30, 2013 3:04 PM in response to whatheck

whatheck wrote:

you'll have to setup iCloud on the devices and sync over-the-air

Thats what my question was: Does somebody know a way to avoid exactly this. I wish to care my private things on my own private devices. I think its not necessary to send private stuff around the half world only to have the same resources an two devices. So I'm looking for somebody telling me a simple way to synchronise data between my iphone and my macbook. Your answer is not helpfull, sorry!

Oct 31, 2013 12:01 AM in response to felsenau

I just can't believe that we have been sold out by Apple. I dont' want any cloud solution!. I want to use my own data in the way that I see fit. I want the functionality back that I will be able to sync my outlook calendar and contacts via itunes.

The way I see it... NSA paid for OSX Maverick, - the user received it for free - Apple delivered "our" data.

I am ******!

Nov 5, 2013 2:28 PM in response to felsenau

Liberty666 - I am so with you on this one.

I live in Australia where there are good privacy laws protecting citizens. I do not want to be forced to use iCloud when the data sits in the USA with weaker privacy laws and also able to be seen by the US Government under the Patriot Act. Further I suspect Apple will interrogate my contacts and calendar for commercial purposes and I do not want that either.

I chose to synch my calendar and contacts with my iphone and ipad. I have relied for years on carrying around my phone with my diary on it. I can no longer do that.

Whoever made this decision at Apple has to be someone who knows little about the world. I can actually see EU regulators getting very annoyed by this.

I too woud like the itunes mac to iphone/ipad local backup given back. Or a work around.

Nov 6, 2013 11:00 AM in response to felsenau

hello everybody

i am french and i have the same problem

i share the opinion of the persons who don't want to share their private data with America

i haved wrote to the Européan Commission to alert them on this case

i hope it could help us

otherwise and despite i am using mac for ten years, i am thinking very seriously to sold my mac book air, my mac book pro, my ipad and the 4 Iphone of the family and go to visit the PC World

Apple is going wrong on this policy

patrick

Nov 6, 2013 4:43 PM in response to felsenau

I did the upgrade from ML and found the same problem – telephoned Apple Support and was told that this is a new feature implemented so that they may take care of my data more securely! Well, I corrected the lady that it was a feature now gone! Of course, I have now regressed back to ML. It is very disappointing that Apple would do this without warnng and then patronisingly claim that they were usurping control of my personal data 'for my protection'. I do not blame the support person as she was only saying what she was instructed to say.

On the possible bright side, I read today that iTunes 11.1.3 has now returned the feature and protection of local syncing of calendars and contacts. Is this true? If so I may yet again take a test of Mavericks.

Nov 7, 2013 1:26 AM in response to appid

appid

thank you for your message

i wrote to the European Commissiion yesterday

i haved a call with Apple assistance a this moment

the first person could'nt help me and her responsable tell me that this "evolution" was signaled in the

Generalconditionsofsale when i install Maverick, and thus it was no my problem

the only solution Apple propose is to go back to Mountain Lion

do you know how to do that

thanks for help

Nov 7, 2013 3:55 AM in response to Liberty666

Hello from Paris,

Like everybody here and in the world, I want, and I NEED the local USB sync on Mavericks.

I have, in my company 2 iPhone 3G, and we want to sync them with iTunes in USB. We can't do it anymore !!!

I also want to keep my data private and don't want to use iCloud or another cloud.

I was waiting the new iPhone for renew 3G iPhone but I think I will wait to see what happen with this USB sync.

Put back this fonctionality in the next update of Mavericks. Thank you.

help maverick does not synchronise adress book and calendar with itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.