Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Invalid gift please enter a valid recipient email

Yo..

I'm trying to gift an album to my girlfriend, when I enter her email address, I am given the message "invalid gift please enter a valid recipient email"

I am definitely using her correct email address and have confirmed it works by sending her test emails. Any clever folk out there who might be able to solve this one?

Ta..

iPad, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Oct 30, 2013 10:31 AM

6 replies

Dec 26, 2013 10:56 AM in response to chico

Hi. I got mine resolved finally. It was a simple issue. My Apple ID that I was using wasn't using a full email address. For example, the Apple ID was "joeexample". Turns out that Apple wants an Apple ID that is a full email address. For example "joeexample@gmail.com". So, I had to use another Apple ID that I own that actually has a full email address as the Apple ID name. Fortunately, I had one, otherwise I would have had to fix the one I had, which I didn't want to do. You can go to appleid.apple.com and update your Apple ID, which will resolve your issue when trying to gift an application in the App Store to someone. Hope this helps.

Apr 24, 2014 2:29 PM in response to djbakerian

wow thank you so much. Apple support has no idea about this, I've been going back and forth with them for over 2 full weeks. I didn't want to link my Apple ID (which I purchase everything through) with my email originally so I have a separate icloud account for backups/etc. But they're basically forcing you to combine accounts. When I combined my Apple ID with my email on file I could suddenly send a gift. Their error is incorrect as it states there's an invalid email recipient, which is wrong. It's the Apple ID email that needs to be linked with the Apple ID in order to send gifts.

Invalid gift please enter a valid recipient email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.