Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when i search for something on safari in search bar the first word shows up in the text edit bar word search bar. can anyone else test this out on there mac? is it just my computer?

i noticed this when i was in text edit searching for words and left it open, then i went to safari and typed something in the top search bar and later i went back to textedit and found that the word i had searched for in text edit was no longer there but in its place was what i was searching for on safari. i think all of my programs are up do date. I wanted to know if this was a universal bug that has gone unnoticed or if it is exclusive to my computer.

i have

Safari Version 6.0.5 (7536.30.1)

Textedit Version 1.7.1 (289.5)

Mac OS X Version 10.7.5

thanks

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Oct 30, 2013 12:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2013 12:35 PM

That's normal - it's the same on Mavericks too.

2 replies

when i search for something on safari in search bar the first word shows up in the text edit bar word search bar. can anyone else test this out on there mac? is it just my computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.