Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple ID issue, can you help?

I have two appleIDs (near as I can tell, perhaps more with iCloud, sigh).

One is my @mac.com ID, from way back, and this is the one I use for my Apple email account. I use Mail.app on my MAC at home, and I use the Mail app on both my iPhone and my iPad. I also use this "ID"/email address to sync my contacts, notes, and calendars across those three devices.

Now, I have just upgraded to Maverick (10.9) and I want to share movies (using iMovie) to my AppleTV. Trouble seems to arise here because I have used a separate Apple ID (my iTunes ID from way back) on my AppleTV so that I can see/hear all the music that I have purchased thru iTunes over the years.

A long time ago, when I got these two IDs, it wasn't clear that they were related in any fashion.

I have read that a computer can only handle/manage one iCloud ID at a time. So, as I see it, I can EITHER log my computer into iCloud using my @mac.com ID - then sync my Mail/Calendar/Notes/Contacts, OR I can log my computer into iCloud using my iTunes Apple ID and be able to share photos/movies/music, etc with my AppleTV.

It's one OR the other.

Do I have that correct?

Is there any way for me to set this up so that I can use my MAC computer to sync my emails using my @mac.com address/ID AND share photos/movies with my AppleTV using my (separate) iTunes ID?

It seems to me this has only become a problem today when I upgraded to Maverick (10.9) as prior to this it seemed I could somehow use iTunes to do the music/photo sharing, and the rest of the MAC for the mail/notes/cal sharing to my other devices.

thanks for your reply.

m

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.7), MAC mini (Jan '13) iPhone 4S iPad2

Posted on Oct 30, 2013 12:22 PM

3 replies

Oct 30, 2013 12:58 PM in response to mbrna

I believe I may have answered my own question (after researching this more).

According to this document, http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4895, one CAN use multiple IDs for iCloud and iTunes, BUT iMovie seems to be tied to the iCloud login on the MAC, not the iTunes login. Sigh. That s u c k s because I want to access both videos (from iMovie) AND music (from iTunes) using my AppleTV.

With two separate IDs (one for iCloud, and one for iTunes) this is apparently not possible on a MAC.

Multiple ID issue, can you help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.