Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recovering texts on new iPhone 5c

About 2 weeks ago my phone was stolen, and my new iPhone 5c just arrived today. When I turned it on there were about 4 texts from the last few days but missing contacts, I restored my iPhone to show who had texted me, but when I turned it back on all the messages were gone. I was wondering if there is any way to find these messages or read them, whether it be through apple or Verizon. I am trying to get these back, and I understand it wasn't the smartest to restore an iphone, and so I am just hoping to be able to see these texts. Let me know if there is anything I can do to retreive these messages and any other texts I have received over the last 2 weeks. Thanks!

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.0.3, Verizon

Posted on Oct 30, 2013 3:22 PM

1 reply

Oct 30, 2013 3:24 PM in response to kprudolph

Probably not. I'm guessing that you restored the phone to an older backup correct. When you did that, anything that occurred since that backup is gone. Now, if you did a backup of the new phone before restoring from the old backup, there is a chance, but as you make backups, they overwrite the old ones, and other data would be lost. It is kind of a Catch 22 situation, determining what is more important. The content you now have, versus the few text messages.

Recovering texts on new iPhone 5c

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.