Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video Encoding Error after system upgrade

I recently upgraded to the new Maverick OS. I needed to burn some DVDs. Other than the other idvd projects needing to reconnect with the media they worked fine. but I have one that keeps aborting DVD burns with the error that it was aborted during video encoding. Has anyone else experience this glitch? Does it have anything to do with maverick? I have tried reconnecting the media, using different encoding formats, nothing has worked so far.

MacBook Pro (17-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 30, 2013 4:25 PM

11 replies

Nov 6, 2013 6:26 PM in response to Burgee67

I too have the same issue. No problem before upgrading to Mavericks. This is what I found.

If I am using something I created in iMovie I have no problems. If I have a file not created from iMovie, I get the error sometimes. I create a lot of files from Handbrake to put on my Apple TV. If I select Apple TV 2 in Handbrake, I get the error when putting in iDVD. If I choose Normal encoding (default), I don't have the issue. Both are M4V files and are MP4 format. I look at the difference in the file encoding from command I in finder and there is very little difference. The one that won’t work has a codec called AC3. The one that works doesn’t have AC3 listed. In Quicktime, I do a command-I and I find the data rate is slower on the one that works. Other than that they are identical. Very strange. I am going to do what works.

Video Encoding Error after system upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.