Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fitting a Lightning connector adapter to an iPhone 5s and case

Hi,

i'm sure this is a common problem, but wondered if anyone has found an accessory that works!?

I have an iPhone 5s and use a relatively thin Griffin case. Some of my accessories including my cable to connect my iPhone to my cars audio input, still use the old fashioned 30 pin adapter and I haven't been able to find a lightning to 30 pin adapter which fits my phone when the case is on.

I have an Apple version, but have to take the case off every time I want to use it which is not ideal. Surely someone must have thought, 'hey, you know what, if we make the lightning connect 2mm longer, then no-one would have to take their phones out of the cases to use it'

Has anyone come across this website selling this wonderful adapter!!?? If not I might start a kickstarter project to build one, because i'm sure it would sell very well!

Posted on Oct 30, 2013 4:26 PM

3 replies

Jan 7, 2014 9:13 AM in response to tonefox

Thanks for this information, I've been looking all over for it. I also have a new lightning adapter that doesn't fit through the case nor in my car dock and was wondering if I could safely file the extra thickness. I hate having to do it and can't understand how Apple designed two different end connectors for the same purpose, but I guess it will do it for now...

Fitting a Lightning connector adapter to an iPhone 5s and case

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.