Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch 4th gen. Running iOS 6.1.3: Apps Keep Crashing!

Hello, I've been struggling with this issue for a couple of weeks now. As stated above, my iPod Touch 4g's (with iOS 6.1.3; latest software for this model) apps keep crashing, including the App Store...however, Kindle seems to work fine for some reason. I have tried restoring it to factory settings multiple times, as well as resetting all the settings (the problem just came back after a day or two when I reset all the settings). I double-clicked the home button and shut down all the apps running in the background. It's not a storage issue either; its capacity is 6.4 GB, and I have 5 GB available. The iPod is in perfect working condition as well; I haven't dropped it once. Anyways, I've scoured the forums and none of the solutions to problems similar to mine worked. I appreciate your time and help!

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Oct 30, 2013 4:43 PM

6 replies

Oct 30, 2013 5:12 PM in response to lllaass

Thanks for the reply!

I did both; through iTunes and on my iPod. And unfortunately, I live in the middle of nowhere Wisconsin, so the nearest Apple Store is in Chicago! Plus, my parents would deem it not worth it to pay for help since it's already obsolete. Do you have any other suggestions that can help me work through this temporarily until next-next Christmas? Hahah.

Jan 25, 2016 9:07 AM in response to igc099

Try creating a backup. Backup the content to your computer and iCloud if necessary. Restore the device - this erases everything but can be restored via backup options. Using computer or iCloud backup, re-install the contents. Hopefully it works.

Oct 31, 2013 3:16 PM in response to igc099

ipod touch 4 is going through what the iphone 3g went through when iso 4 was indtroduced to it. the software is too much for the device to handle. so ISO 7 on an ipod touch 4 would be a bad thing, not a good thing. that is why it isnt being released for the ipod touch 4. but iso 6 is border line too much for ipod touch 4 as well. that is why apps keep crashing because the ipod now has to juggle a more resource heavy ios, plus the apps themselves that also require resources. i hated my ipod touch 4 on iso 6, so i downgraded back to iso 5.1. ipod functions alot better on iso 5

iPod Touch 4th gen. Running iOS 6.1.3: Apps Keep Crashing!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.