Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My homepage opens up to Top Sites even though the homepage is set to open to aol in the preferences tab.

Under Preferences in Safari, I have set my homepage to open to AOL. However, what opens up is Top Sites. How do I correct this?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 30, 2013 10:06 PM

1 reply

Nov 1, 2013 7:39 AM in response to Netsclark

Hi Netsclark,

I have an article here for you that can describe the preferences that you should check for to make sure Safari performs this operation as you expect:

Mac Basics: Safari 6 in OS X Mountain Lion

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5364

Set your homepage

To set your homepage, follow these steps:

1. In Safari select Safari > Preferences… > General (toolbar)
  2. Type or paste the homepage URL in the "Homepage:" field
  3. If you want your homepage to open in a new Safari window, select "Homepage" in the "New windows open with:" pop-up menu.
  4. If you want your homepage to open in a new Safari tab, select "Homepage" in the "New tabs open with:" pop-up menu.

Important: With Resume enabled, Safari will not always open with your homepage, even if in Safari Preferences you have selected "Homepage" in the "New windows open with:" pop-up menu. To open your Homepage under these circumstances, hold down the shift key when you open Safari.

You will want to specifically choose the options you wish to have in steps 3 and 4 above to directly address your question. Thanks for coming to the Apple Support Communities!

Regards,

Braden

My homepage opens up to Top Sites even though the homepage is set to open to aol in the preferences tab.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.