Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac crashed after installing mavericks..

Hi, 2days before i upgraded my iMac from Mountain Lion to Mavericks. It was working fine until today morning, its not swtiching on. A loading bar appears under the apple logo and the system shuts down. 😟 any idea whats the problem? and how can i restore all my data back?

Posted on Oct 30, 2013 11:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 30, 2013 11:58 PM

The hard drive is not working correctly.

Hold Command and R keys while your iMac is starting up, and open Disk Utility. Then, choose Macintosh HD in the sidebar and repair the drive. What does it say?

At this point, it's possible that the hard drive would be working again if you erase it, but it's possible that it stops working completely, so I recommend you to take the iMac to an Apple Store or reseller to get your hard drive replaced. There is no way to get your files back apart from taking the hard drive to a data recovery company, which are expensive

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 30, 2013 11:58 PM in response to vijayajay17

The hard drive is not working correctly.

Hold Command and R keys while your iMac is starting up, and open Disk Utility. Then, choose Macintosh HD in the sidebar and repair the drive. What does it say?

At this point, it's possible that the hard drive would be working again if you erase it, but it's possible that it stops working completely, so I recommend you to take the iMac to an Apple Store or reseller to get your hard drive replaced. There is no way to get your files back apart from taking the hard drive to a data recovery company, which are expensive

iMac crashed after installing mavericks..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.