Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I deleted iPhoto because it was installed under a different Apple ID, now I can't get it back without paying. HELP!!!

Hello. I started work at a new job and am continuously being asked for the previous employees Apple ID for various different reasons. I have sorted out most of the places where his ID was set as defualt, but have run into an issue I can't seem to figure out.

My Mac update notification popped up to lket me know I had some updates ready for downloading. When I clicked it brings me to the App store update screen. From here I selected the updates (iPhoto and iMovie). The only problem is that as soon as I select these and hit update, it brings up a window which instructs me to put in the password for this prior employees ID. Obviously I don't have this and can't get it. The problem here is that the ID name is grayed out and doesn't let you change it to my own. I did some reading in these support community walls and found that the reason for the name being grayed out is because the app that I am trying to update was orginally downloaded by using that ID. It instructed to delete the app from the computer and reinstall...

Here's where I am now and my current problem. I can't reinstall iPhoto or IMovie without paying for them through the App Store. How can I get these back without paying?

Thanks

iPhoto '11, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 31, 2013 6:08 AM

5 replies

Oct 31, 2013 10:38 AM in response to Old Toad

Old toad -- Thanks for the info. So if I understand correctly, the only way to reinstall it without paying is to use an apple ID that has installed it in the past. I guess this is confusing, because I don't think I have ever installed specifically the iPhoto as a stand alone app. It has always been included with either a computer purchase or a OS update. So if this is the case, how do I get it back on my machine?

Thanks

Oct 31, 2013 11:03 AM in response to SiDWA11

Is this your machine or the company's? Machines that came with Snow Leopard or earlier installed come with system and software install disks that can be used to reisntall the iApps that came with the machine orignally.

If this is your machine and it came with Snow Leopard or earlier installed the disk will look slimialr to one of these:

User uploaded file

If it is the company's machine see if they have the disks.

Do a custom install and then use Software Update to update iPhoto to the highest version that is available.

I deleted iPhoto because it was installed under a different Apple ID, now I can't get it back without paying. HELP!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.