Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is Ducking in GarageBand 10 for Mac?

I downloaded the new GarageBand (10.0.0). The Ducking command is gone. Does anyone know where it is hidden? Or is Ducking gone completely?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9), 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB

Posted on Oct 31, 2013 7:22 AM

8 replies

Nov 7, 2013 5:25 AM in response to HangTime

The removal wasn't mentioned anywhere as far as I know.

However, the point is: ducking itself is not removed, as I found out by having voice on one track and music on another track. It is just the command that is gone, and now I can't disable it. Very nasty.

(I used a GB 6 file that had ducking on on that track, so maybe I'll have to recreate it from scratch in GB 10 to get rid of the ducking.)

Jun 28, 2014 9:37 AM in response to hajeetrom

What I often do for ducking is just do it in amadeus. I can easily taylor my stuff and it sounds quite good. My podcasters love my stuff so I'll take it. lol! I hope they can have a maybe $1.99 in app purchase to enable the podcasting suite of tools but that's just me complaining when I have the tools to do pro broadcasting. I love this new release. it's a bit harder to use but I will get the hang of it.

Where is Ducking in GarageBand 10 for Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.