Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to unselect "save draft" on mail.app with an Orange France email account after updating to mavericks

Hi Community!

Well, I'm having the same problem than a few people with their Gmail account, the difference is I'm using an Orange email account.

I can't find any solution via the Orange webmail interface, which has no specific option for the behaviour of the draft folder.

Basicaly, my problem is I don't want to save drafts on my email account, but the "save draft" option in mail.app is always checked, and when I unselect it, it doesn't work, the app does not what I need, and after saving the preferences, and going back there, the option is always desesperatly checked.

It's annoying when you have heavy enclosed documents because it uses a lot of your internet connection bandwidth...

OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 31, 2013 7:57 AM

2 replies

Nov 12, 2013 10:48 AM in response to Bakamero

Hi Bakamero,

having the same issue here. After upgrading to Mavericks, the checkbox in the account settings of Apple Mail and there in the account of one IMAP account (provider is STRATO in Germany), is not permanently deselectable. I can deselect the "save drafts on server" (translatest from german) checkbox and save these account settings/changes. But after opening them again, the checkbox again is checked. It looses our previosly settings.

Therefore we have plenty duplicates in the corresponding drafts mailbox.

How can we fix this?

Thanks.

Nov 12, 2013 9:46 PM in response to Klaus Buschmann

Hallo Klaus!

Good to see I'm not alone to have this kind of problem...

Actually I hoped the mail.app update from last week would resolve the problem, but it did not...

So far, I didn't find any solution...

It seems we have to open a Gmail account to make it work 😝

Seriously, I hope Apple is working on another update for people like us who has this issue with other email account providers...

Unable to unselect "save draft" on mail.app with an Orange France email account after updating to mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.