Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Redownload old Garageband Content

Hi,

I recently reformatted my computer to carry out a clean install of Mavericks. Upon installing the OS, one of the first things I redownloaded was the old (version 6.0.5) version of GarageBand as the new one does not contain proper podcasting support.

However, there are no loops and no instrument voice/profiles in it now, so I can't, for example, put in the usual jingle I always use or put "Male Radio Noisy" filter on my voice, etc.

Normally, when I've reinstalled, it asked to download a 1.2gb pack but it won't do that now. How do I force it to?

Posted on Oct 31, 2013 9:00 AM

6 replies

Oct 31, 2013 9:12 AM in response to VectorMike

Can't you restore the loops and instruments from your backup?

Restore all loops from /Library/Audio/Apple Loops/

and all missing instruments from /Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Instrument Library.

Also, if you bought Artist Lessons, restore

/Library/Application Support/GarageBand/Learn to Play/

Then rebuild the Loop Index Rebuilding the Loop Index in GarageBand

Regards

Léonie

Oct 31, 2013 9:33 AM in response to VectorMike

Have you checked, if there is a software update waiting at the App Store? If you restart your system and sign into App Store again?

Another option would be to install GarageBand 10.0. It should now be available for free at the App Store "featured Content" page and it will install many loops and instruments. You should be able to use these Loops with GarageBand 6.0.5 as well.

Redownload old Garageband Content

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.