Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mavericks 10.9 iCal client not working on server 10.6.8

On a new client machine with a clean 10.9 Mavericks install it's not possible to create the calendar account on the 10.6.8 server. When adding the account in iCal client I choose 'Add CalDav account', then choose 'Manual' at account type.

After clicking 'Create' I get 'An unknown error occured'

I also tried choosing 'Advanced' and entering the full search path, port number, etc. Also doesn't work.

On a different client, after upgrading from 10.8 to 10.9 Mavericks, the existing calendars on the 10.6.8 server work. I cannot however, add extra server calendars. I then get the same problems as on the clean installed client.

Hoping for help, hooh

Xserve, Mac Mini Server, MBP, MP 8core, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Oct 31, 2013 9:37 AM

5 replies

Nov 4, 2013 2:04 PM in response to hooh

I think I got it working. I could not add the account from iCal directly but it worked when I added it from internet accounts. Make sure the account is completely deleted, go to Internet accounts in System preferences. On the right hand side at the very bottom you can Add Other Account. Choose the add caldav account and choose advanced. I was able to set everthing up and it added perfectly. Too bad we can not add the accounts from iCal but at least it worked.

Nov 14, 2013 1:36 PM in response to hooh

I can see a difference, but can't think of a workaround.

Clean Mavericks Server - ML or other client, when connecting the client will ask about the security certificate. Accept the cert and the process completes fine.

Mavericks client does not generate that certficate question and hence that's where it is hanging up.

So, if anyone knows how to provoke that cert acceptance, then we have a workaround maybe.

Mavericks 10.9 iCal client not working on server 10.6.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.