Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migration Assistant failed to transfer every thing & updates to 10.9 corrupted high quality voices

I migrated from 10.7.5 to 10.9 on a new computer, it failed to trasfer some things & others on 10.9 are not working right

-10.9 is missing 100% of the printers & scanners, I had on 10.7.5 not one was listed in the Printers & scanners preference pane, (& it refused to trasfer the printer software for the printer, making it hard to use the utilities)

-Missing all the RSS Feeds I had in Mail (all my messages, & folders are shown that I had with OS X 10.7.5)

-Updated the 2 of the high quility voices, now both Tom & Samatha are corrupted (nothing is happens when I try text to speech, it works for others)

-Java JRE 7 was removed, but Flash Player was not (which does not match what people are reporting online)

OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 31, 2013 9:49 AM

2 replies

Nov 1, 2013 12:16 PM in response to Apple a day

I also have over 300 files & folders with ACL (Access Control Lists) I did not have them on 10.7.5 (Migration Assistant bug, very old one at that (many years old)) Migration Assistant added them for no reason, and I need to remove all of them, it it breaking some apps & preventing others from working

How do I remove all ACL from the files? (OS X 10.9)

Nov 1, 2013 5:50 PM in response to Apple a day

Voice are now working strange muti permsions or somthign did it

I have a Apple Bug Report 15368690

If anyone finds anything else on the ACL bug or Migration asstiant, please file a bug report with what you find and refernce my report number, so that they can look at both

Still trying to figure out the ACL issue

All the lines start with ACL found but

then next line is repair (whihc is is not)

User uploaded file

Migration Assistant failed to transfer every thing & updates to 10.9 corrupted high quality voices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.