Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

About battery life in iPhone 5S

Hello there.... Recently i upgraded to iPhone 5S from iPhone 5... I've been using it for 3 days now... I found out that the battery life is only 5hours and 20 minutes with 4% left... I only using it for wifi, surf the internet, Facebook,streaming video...is there anyone that has same problems?

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Oct 31, 2013 10:19 AM

12 replies

Nov 20, 2013 3:22 PM in response to Zulcurbup

I was wondering the same as I upgraded from 5 to 5s and it seems like the 5s gets nowhere close to 5 in terms of battery life. I have tried adjusting my settings and get plenty of standby hours but usage hours max at 5hrs I was wondering if they count the standby hours in the average. If standby is counted then go in settings and turn off unnecessary location services and background app refresh. I get like 18hrs of stand by and 5 of usage this way. I also turn off wifi and blue tooth if I'm not using them. I have seen other phone that get way less so I don't complain.

Nov 21, 2013 1:01 AM in response to Zulcurbup

I've upgraded from 4S only couple of weeks ago. Battery life was really bad.

I really didn't want to loose all my messages etc so really didn't want to setup phone as new.

Resetting all settings (not content!) solved the issue for me.

Right now I'm on 12% with 8 hours and 14 minutes of use and 1 Day and 1 Hour of standby. And I live in a poor-signal area (screenshot taken at work with good signal 🙂 )... I don't think I was ever able to get that with 4S.

User uploaded file

About battery life in iPhone 5S

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.