Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can AirPort Extreme be connected to AT&T Wireless Gateway as a separate wireless network?

Can AirPort Extreme be connected to AT&T Wireless Gateway as a separate wireless network? AT&T network is not providing sufficient coverage.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Oct 31, 2013 10:51 AM

4 replies

Oct 31, 2013 12:44 PM in response to Fred Remmers

Further explanation: My AT&T UVerse-provided Wireless Gatway does not provide coverage everywhere in my house. I have an AirPort Extreme unit and I thought if I could plug it in to one of the open Ethernet sockets, I could set up a separate wireless network that might work better. And if it did't, I could get an IrPort Express to extend the signal. If there is easier option, I would be open to it.

Oct 31, 2013 1:07 PM in response to Fred Remmers

Connect the AirPort as I stated above using a permanent Ethernet cable connection.

Specifically, you would connect from a LAN <-> port on the ATT gateway to the WAN "O" port on the AirPort, and configure it to provide a wireless network using the exact same wireless network name, same wireless security, and same wireless network password as the ATT gateway.

In this type of setup, the AirPort will "extend" the coverage of the ATT gateway.

AirPort Utility, the setup application for the AirPort will suggest that you use the Bridge Mode setting on the AirPort, which would be the correct setting to use.

Can AirPort Extreme be connected to AT&T Wireless Gateway as a separate wireless network?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.