Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garage band 10 will not let me purchase extra sounds, what do I need to do to get this to work ?

The in app purchase in Garage Band 10 will not work for me. What do I need to do to purchase extra sounds ?

There is no accept button showing in my purchased items it shows Garageband installed.

Thanks

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 31, 2013 10:46 AM

9 replies

Nov 2, 2013 11:21 AM in response to Brushfo149

Hi Brushfo149,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

If you're not able to purchase content in GarageBand, try the steps in this article:

GarageBand for Mac (v10.0): Unable to complete in-app purchase

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS5275

When trying to make an in-app purchase from GarageBand for Mac (v10.0) you might be unable to complete the purchase. This can happen if you haven't accepted the app from the Mac App Store.

To resolve the issue:

1. Quit GarageBand.
  2. Open the Mac App Store.
  3. Sign in using the Apple ID you used to set up the computer.
  4. Click the Purchases tab.
  5. Click the Accept button next to GarageBand.
  6. Open GarageBand.
  7. You should now be able to make in-app purchases.

All the best,

Jeremy

Jul 5, 2014 3:25 PM in response to Brushfo149

Being a newbie to Macs from a PC user for eternity I was disparing with the Garage Band in App purchase issue. Non of the suggestions worked for me. There was no accept option, the purchase was greyed out, re-entering my account info did nothing and making a first purchase on the new machine did not help.

However, I noticed that if I opened up the instruments the in App purchase was not greyed out so I proceeded from there. It looked as though it was going to work until the point of purchase when an error came up saying that the original was not purchased from my account.

A bit of lateral thinking made sense of this as the software was preinstalled! My solution (after a back up) was to delete GB and then go into the store to "purchase" the free version from the App Store. I was greeted with a message to the effect that a version had already been installed so did I wish to

"purchase" ? I replied yes and GB was downloaded against my account and I could then make the in App purchase of the full version. QED! GB is working with no problems now.

Garage band 10 will not let me purchase extra sounds, what do I need to do to get this to work ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.