Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4s still works but has an unresponsive black screen

Today i was using an app on my iphone 4s and the screen just went black and i couldnt see anything. So i held the power button and turned off the phone by swipping at the top of the screen as you normally would if you could see the screen. I waited 2 minutes and turned it back on. This worked and i was able to see my screen again and it was not black. But a couple hours later and this happened again and i was not able to see my screen and it returned back to the black screen. Everything on the phone works (ex: siri, music, apps, touching the screen to get these) but i just cannot see it. So, i retried what i did earlier to fix this problem but it didnt work. I tried holding both the home and power button to restart my phone and the apple logo shows up but disappears after the phone restarts and returns to the black screen. Im just wondering if there is anything else i can try to get my screen back to its normal state.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Oct 31, 2013 11:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2013 2:05 PM

Restore iPhone with current iTunes on computer. If still problem after the Restore with computer, the next step would be replacement of the front screen assembly.

4 replies

iPhone 4s still works but has an unresponsive black screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.