Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MMS Message turn on off option not displaying

Hi,

I am a iPhone user for about 3-4 yrs now. I have a black 16 Gig iPhone 4 with the latest iOS 7.0.3. I rarely send MMS messages though but needed to send one yesterday only to realize that I can't do that. How did I realized this that I added a photo from my phone and then added the contact to which i wanted to send the msg. Upon clicking Send, i got the message "Cannot Send Message - MMS Messaging needs to be enabled to send this message". So then went to the settings thinking my MMS settings might have got turned off. Settings -> Messages and what I see is that under SMS/MMS -> MMS Messages -> On/Off -> This option is NOT AT ALL displayed there.

What I see on the screen is

1. iMessages (turn on/off is displayed)

2. Send Read Receipts

3. Send as SMS

4. Send & Receive

Then under SMS/MMS settings

5. Show Subject Field

6. Character Count

7. Blocked

That's all. No "MMS Messages On/Off" option displayef. Ideally it should be available before "Show Subject Field" option, isnt it?

Then I tried few settings but resulted in no benefit. I tried to reset network settings, tried to turn Wi-Fi on/off then turn 3G on/off, Carrier settings on/off. But nothing worked. Last option as suggested on the forum is to RESET as a new phone. But I dont want to lose my current app settings, especially all the game settings and statuses.

Please help here.

Regards,

Kiran

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Oct 31, 2013 11:04 AM

8 replies

Oct 31, 2013 11:24 AM in response to pdroth

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply to my post. I am currently in India and am on the Idea Cellular network. Well there does not seem to be any problem with my internet settings (both GPRS & 3G) because I use 3G internet with full speed and recently inquired and pushed the APN settings again for MMS. The mms on/off itself is not getting displayed in first place, forget turning it on or off.

Thanks for your response, waiting for a solution hat will work..

Regards,

Kiran

Oct 31, 2013 11:33 AM in response to pdroth

I already have talked to them for almost couple of hours. They confirmed that the APN settings provided by them are the correct ones and those work hasselfree on all the other iPhones.

Most importantly, being able to send mms is next thing. But for me, turning on the MMS messages itself is not coming as an option under Settings -> Messages

Oct 31, 2013 11:42 AM in response to pdroth

Not sure about what you are talking about. This career is very well supported in India. They do have micro sims and iPhone plans supported. Moreover, there are plenty of other users that are using this career on iPhone and are enjoying the mms feature. I am still not convinced as to how a carrier vanishes the "MMS Messages ON/OFF" option from the settings!!

Anyways, thanks for your time and help you could extend..

MMS Message turn on off option not displaying

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.