Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Album is being split into two albums, even though info for all songs is the same

Since the second-to-last iTunes update, iTunes is splitting certain albums in two for no apparent reason. I've made sure all song info (artist, album artist, album, genre, year, etc.) is the same for all tracks, but I'm still unable to merge the two into one complete album. This was never a problem before. Any ideas?

iTunes-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Oct 31, 2013 11:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2013 12:56 PM

Somewhere there's a minute detail that's off. A lower case character in some tracks that's upper case in others, or a "space" at the end of one group that's missing from the others.

Best way around this is to rename the album for ALL tracks in the album to something completely different, save that change, and then change it back to the original album name.

I've had several albums I've fixed that way.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2013 12:56 PM in response to motownj

Somewhere there's a minute detail that's off. A lower case character in some tracks that's upper case in others, or a "space" at the end of one group that's missing from the others.

Best way around this is to rename the album for ALL tracks in the album to something completely different, save that change, and then change it back to the original album name.

I've had several albums I've fixed that way.

Album is being split into two albums, even though info for all songs is the same

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.