Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adobe After Effects CC can't save project on OSX Mavericks

Can not save my projects I have created in Adobe After Effects CC since I have upgraded to Mavericks. Anyone else having this issue?

Posted on Oct 31, 2013 11:25 AM

1 reply

Oct 31, 2013 5:46 PM in response to PSRobRodin

What you are describing is almost certainly a problem with permissions set for the folder that you're trying to save to.

We've seen the same problem with the preferences folder, so I've been giving this advice a lot:

Set the permissions for the entire /Users/username/Library/Preferences/Adobe/After Effects/12.0/ folder to be writable.

If that doesn't work, then uninstall After Effects (being certain to choose the option to remove all preferences) and then reinstall it.

This messup of permissions happens when Mac OS doesn't correctly preserve permissions of various folders when you upgrade an operating system, rather than installing the new operating system fresh.

Adobe After Effects CC can't save project on OSX Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.