Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTouch Shuffle 2nd Generation will not connect to pc or itunes.

Hello, I have seen this problem repeated though out the forum and on other support pages. I have exhaused all the help threads my computers still do not recognize the shuffle.

I have:

1. Updated iTunes

2. Purchased a new shuffle cord

3. Tried mulitple USB ports on several computers

4. Started and Stopped the Apple Mobile Device Utility

5. Checked the details of every USB Generic Hub in device manager. (and do not see all the zeros listed)

6. reset the shuffle (on off)

The shuffle will charge from my external speaker. It also will play. I just cannot connect to make song changes or update softward on the shuffle.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Carrie

iPod shuffle, Windows 7

Posted on Oct 31, 2013 12:30 PM

1 reply

Oct 31, 2013 1:49 PM in response to cb672

What's an "iTouch Shuffle"? 🙂

If this is a 2nd gen iPod shuffle, it is about five or six years old. It is possible that the headphones jack is worn out, and not making a data connection.

2. Purchased a new shuffle cord

The USB docking cable needs to be the cable it came with (it has a mini-dock), or a compatible third-party replacement. The USB cable for the 3rd and 4th gen shuffle does not work, because the connector is different.

Also, as a test, you should try shutting down (powering off) your computer, and disconnecting all devices including hub, except for standard keyboard and mouse, if normally used. Do this to reset the shuffle

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1655

If your computer is a laptop, connect it to its power adapter so that it is not running on battery power. Start up the computer, run iTunes, and connect the shuffle to a direct USB port on the computer.

iTouch Shuffle 2nd Generation will not connect to pc or itunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.