Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes backwards button: rewind instead?

When I'm using my new PC, I've noticed that whenever I press the default rewind media button (F5), iTunes doesn't rewind the song; it jumps to the previous song. It's not a big issue, but for someone with OCD who listens to music a lot, it's been driving me crazy forever. This doesn't happen on my Macbook Pro, which rewinds the song when I press the button (if I'm over 3 seconds in), but skips back to the previous song if I'm under 3 seconds. Is this a driver issue? Keyboard issue? Windows issue? Any fix to this problem would be v

In case it's relevant, I'm running Windows 7 and using a Razer Blackwidow Pro keyboard.

iTunes-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Oct 31, 2013 1:05 PM

2 replies

Oct 31, 2013 1:16 PM in response to Valior

Actually it's 4 seconds that's the cut off. That's a Motion Picture Experts Group (MPEG) standard.
BEFORE 4 seconds will go to the previous track.

AFTER 4 seconds will go to the start of the present track.
That's nothing to do with drivers or hardware or Apple or Windows. It's an industry standard that's been in place forever. iTunes is simply complying with the standard.

iTunes backwards button: rewind instead?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.