5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 12, 2014 2:05 PM by cjhill39
Pedantix Level 1 (0 points)

This happens intermittently. I will drag mail to a folder from the inbox after reading it, and a few minutes later, the mail will be back in my inbox. It doesn't happen with all messages, but it will happen over and over with the same emails. It never happened before installing Mavericks. Any help would be amazing, as this is seriously cranking my Inbox Zero obsession!

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9)
  • Linc Davis Level 10 (192,821 points)

Quit Mail. Force quit if necessary.

Back up all data. That means you know you can restore the Mail database, no matter what happens.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

~/Library/Mail/V2/MailData/Envelope Index

Copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder

from the menu bar. Paste into the box that opens (command-V), then press return.

A Finder window will open with a file selected. Move the selected file to the Desktop, leaving the window open. Other files in the folder may have names that begin with "Envelope Index". Move those files, if any, to the Trash.

Log out and log back in. Relaunch Mail. It should prompt you to re-import your messages. You may get a warning that the index is damaged and that Mail has to quit. Click OK.

Test. If Mail now works as expected, you can delete the file you moved to the Desktop. Otherwise, post your results.

• phil_berlin Level 1 (5 points)

Hi Linc Davis!

I am facing the same problem, but deleting "Envelope Index" unfortunatly didn´t help at all:(

Maybe because I am working with gmail folders as IMAP folders / labels...

I would appreciate any further ideas...or finally a bugfix by Apple or Google -

whoever is causing this issue....

All best,

Phil

• Jack851 Level 1 (0 points)

Same problem here.  Using Yahoo mail.  Isn't there a workaround?

• proia1 Level 1 (0 points)

Followed the suggestion and now I have NO Mail

Maverick is terrible

• cjhill39 Level 1 (0 points)

I am having the same issue with 2 accounts in Mail - both are gmail accounts.