Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't record greeting on Visual Voicemail, nor delete incoming messages

I purchased my 5s the day they went on sale. Immediately I had issues. It was difficult to set up a outgoing greeting, but after 4-5 attempts it worked. I get a lot of calls from clients through out the day, and therefor get quite a bit of voice messages. I typically go into the Visual Voice Messaging and delete 10-15 messages at a time at the end of the day. For some reason with this 5s, deleted messages would keep reappearing in my VM (even after CLEARING ALL in the Deleted Box.) At&t said it was an issue with Apple. Apple store had me reset my phone as NEW, didn't help. Apple replaced my 5s, didn't help. At&t changed the SIM card, didn't help. At&t removed and reset my voice mail, didn't work.

When I delete my messages they reappear again and again. So frustrating. Also, when I try to change my outgoing message, 80% of the time it doesn't work. I need my phone for work and this issue is killing me!!!!

I'm about to drop both ATT and Apple. Can someone or something please help?!!!!

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Oct 31, 2013 4:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2013 4:08 PM

If that happened to me, I would stsrt by checking AT&T's voicemail as follows:

From your iPhone 5S, make a telephone call to your voicemail by pressing and holding the "1" key. You will be asked to enter your voicemail password, which hopefully you have set up and you know. Do that, and make sure what you hear is what you expect.

Then, just for kicks, I would try Settings > Phone > Change Voicemail Password, and reset that password to the same one you just used in the preceding paragraph.

Doing these things will assure your iPhone and AT&T online voicemail information are in sync.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2013 4:08 PM in response to just4kicks73

If that happened to me, I would stsrt by checking AT&T's voicemail as follows:

From your iPhone 5S, make a telephone call to your voicemail by pressing and holding the "1" key. You will be asked to enter your voicemail password, which hopefully you have set up and you know. Do that, and make sure what you hear is what you expect.

Then, just for kicks, I would try Settings > Phone > Change Voicemail Password, and reset that password to the same one you just used in the preceding paragraph.

Doing these things will assure your iPhone and AT&T online voicemail information are in sync.

Nov 11, 2013 1:30 PM in response to sberman

@ sberman, thanks for the tips, but didn't help. I did everything you recommended, but still having same issues. I have found if I delete one message at a time that they delete for good. The problem is I usually get 20-30 messages a day. I need to be able to delete 5,10, or 15 at a time. My old iPhone 4 had no issues with this. Any other ideas?!!! Thanks!!

Jul 2, 2014 1:46 PM in response to just4kicks73

I don't know if this will help your issue with not being able to record your greeting, but I had run into the same issue with an iPhone 5s. Instead of recording your greeting with phone against your face record it as if you were using speaker phone. This solved the issue that we were having, but I don't know if that is for everyone.

-Maureen

Can't record greeting on Visual Voicemail, nor delete incoming messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.