Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 4s will not turn on

My iphone 4s won't turn on. If I hook it up to charge it will flash to the Apple logo turn on screen but then it just turns back off. It will continue this cycle until I unplug it.

iPhone 4S

Posted on Oct 31, 2013 5:52 PM

2 replies

Oct 31, 2013 6:44 PM in response to ashlyndfromms

I've seen this with my 3GS. What's actually going on is that the amount of charge on the phone is not sufficient to start it up. The internal battery gauge is not correctly tuned. So, when it thinks it has enough juice to start up, it tries, but the auto-turn off percentage kicks in prior to full startup, and it shuts down again.

How I fixed it was just kept it plugged in for an extended amount of time. If you don't like leaving it plugged in for that long (say overnight), then have it plugged in at work where you can monitor it, or during a movie, etc.

When it does finally start up, leave it until it fully charges to 99/100%. That way it recalibrates the battery gauge to a more accurate indication.

It's good to do a recalibration like this every few months or so.

Another possible fix is just like what the guy before me said, but after waiting a long enough time that the phone should be charged.

To do a hard reset: hold down both top and home buttons until you see the Apple logo.

My iphone 4s will not turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.