Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is a broken glass on iPad affecting apple care?

Well I've got an appointment in apple store because my home button isn't working but i just broke my screen today,theres no hardware damage or anything else so was just wondering whether this will affect my apple care or whether i will be able to get a replacement for the broken home button,or can i just say my screen is broken and it will be enought reasons for them to replace the ipad for a new one cz its still under apple care? thanks

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Oct 31, 2013 5:31 PM

6 replies

Feb 27, 2014 8:26 AM in response to traceur333

I recently had to do a AppleCare + replacement for our first iPad that had a cracked screen. We paid around $50 and recevied a new iPad.

My two year old dropped the new iPad this morning and cracked this screen. We still have approximately 1 month on our original AppleCare +, and had only the one claim before. Will Apple be able to replace this "replacement" iPad the same way the did the first one?

I tried to look up my AppleCare policy but it says (online) they can't find one, but I know it exists and have the original purchase date. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

is a broken glass on iPad affecting apple care?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.