Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cant find Safari preference file in Mavericks

I upgraded to Mavericks and Safari isnt behaving right. It won't even launch at all now and just make my MBPR system fan scream like a banchee. I figured I could delete the preferences file and disable the exstensions for a start. Problem is I can't launch Safari to disable the exstension. I also can't find the pref file either. Looked all over....

Plz help.

Thanks

Greg

Posted on Oct 31, 2013 5:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2013 5:54 PM

Open a Finder window. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy paste the following:

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.plist

Click Go then move the com.apple.Safari.plist file to the trash.

For extensions. From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences > Extensions

Turn that OFF, quit and relaunch Safari to test. If that helped, turn one extension on then quit and relaunch Safari to test until you find the incompatible extension then click uninstall.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 31, 2013 5:54 PM in response to Pikkle Dust

Open a Finder window. From the Finder menu bar click Go > Go to Folder

Type or copy paste the following:

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Safari.plist

Click Go then move the com.apple.Safari.plist file to the trash.

For extensions. From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences > Extensions

Turn that OFF, quit and relaunch Safari to test. If that helped, turn one extension on then quit and relaunch Safari to test until you find the incompatible extension then click uninstall.

Jan 30, 2014 5:31 PM in response to Pikkle Dust

i still can't find the file (arranged by name), my whole computer crashes im running in safe mode!!! already tryed

- vram and pram reset

- taking bettery off and holding down the power btn for 10 sec

- restarting like 20 times

- trying to clean cache and garbage files (with clean my mac and it gets stuck at broken preferences ... com.apple.Safari.plist)

any help is welcome

User uploaded file

Cant find Safari preference file in Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.