Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud backup and camera roll pictures

I need some help regarding an issue I ran into. I was experiencing some issues with my phone, so I decided to restore using icloud backup. I thought this was a great feature, but now I'm regretting it. My camera roll says I have 'X' amount of pictures and contains blank thumbnails. When I click on one of the blank thumbnails in my camera roll, it continues to say loading. Granted, I'm trying this as my phone is still 'syncing' to iTunes (which, by the way, is taking forever). So, I guess my question is this: what exactly is going on? According to the Apple website regarding restoring using icloud, it backs up all data (including photos). Am I missing something here? Perhaps someone can help. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Oct 31, 2013 6:13 PM

5 replies

Jan 5, 2017 3:46 AM in response to randers4

I have a similar problem, only when I backed up my ipod touch 5th generation to icloud and restored it, no photos or videos restored. I had my ipod connected to my laptop, went to itunes and selected back up to icloud. As I said before, when I restored the back up, not a single photo or video was in my camera roll. I went to icloud.com to check what was there. There was only one photo there and of my 5GB free, there was 4.67GB left. I am certain that I had less than 3 or even 4GB of photos and videos, and if my memory serves me right, I had about 2.5GB on my camera roll. I am very disappointed with icloud and I really want my images back. I would love if you could find a reason for this or even better, inform my as to how to get my memories(and Memeories) back.

Oct 31, 2013 6:19 PM in response to AppleGuyRX

The backup should contain your camera roll photos. If it didn't restore properly all you can do is try restoring the backup again. If the problem persists, you could try the suggestions from people that have encountered issues restoring the camera roll from the backup you can try in this discussion, such as the one from ezjules: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4076441?answerId=19518589022#19518589022.

icloud backup and camera roll pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.