Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't use Aperture in Mac OS 10.9

I have installed Mac OS 10.9(not upgrade) in my Mac Book Air(2011) and then install Aperture 3.0.2 (Box Set)

But it can't use and the Mac OS said "You can't use this Aperture(3.0.2) in this Mac OS"

and I can't update it at AppStore! ***

I have joined Apple Care and they suggest to buy it again at App Store! ***!

I spend $200 to buy this software and get nothing now! I bought it and 2 weeks later the appstore luanch!

And I got nothing now!

<Edited by Host>

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 31, 2013 8:15 PM

4 replies

Oct 31, 2013 8:54 PM in response to LittleTomfool

They are CLEARLY having major rollout problems with OS 10.9. and the apps that were updated for it. I merely updated my Safari to 6.0.5 to 6.1 and it refuses to open in OS 10.7.5 (Lion). I have since read nothing but problems with the latest OS and apparently the updated apps that accompany it.

Have patience, they most certainly are working on solutions - they have a big reputation to maintain. This is happening to MANY of us.

Oct 31, 2013 11:59 PM in response to LittleTomfool

d I can't update it at AppStore!

The App Store should be able to update your boxed Aperture 3 version. But first you will have to upgrade it to version compatible with your system. Aperture 3.0.2 is a version released for MacOS X 10.5.

First of all, check, it Aperture has been installed in applications and not a subfolder of Applications. It should be installed directly in "Applications" and named simply Aperture.

Then go to the Support > Software Update page and download an updater. Try to update at least to Aperture 3.2.4, the last version compatible with snow leopard.

The updaters for Aperture are here: http://support.apple.com/downloads/#aperture%203

Once you have a version that can be launched on your system, enter your registration number and use "Software update" from the apple menu to upgrade to the latest version or download Aperture 3.4.5 from the support page. Aperture 3.4.5

What are your language and region settings? some posters here reported, that the Aperture updater from the AppStore will only work, if the primary system language is set to english. (System Preferences > language& Region). Reboot, before trying to update from the App Store, after changing the language.

-- Léonie

Can't use Aperture in Mac OS 10.9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.