Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internal SD card slot, disk not ejected properly

After update to Mavericks, every time when I plug a new usb device into any usb port. The system will automatically unproper eject my sd card from the internal sd card reader. Does anyone have the same problem?

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Oct 31, 2013 10:15 PM

18 replies

Oct 31, 2013 10:22 PM in response to Ada Hsu

So, your statement is that with SD card IN, ....any connected USB device will eject the SD card?

powered USB device? HD? what USB device is it?

perform SMC reset and verify again:

1. Shut down the computer.
  2. Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
  3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
  4. Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
  5. Press the power button to turn on the computer.

😊

May 6, 2014 5:44 AM in response to Ada Hsu

I have the same issue too, but when my sd card ejects, it freezes my trackpad and keyboard. This problem also occurs in Ubuntu and Windows for me. Personally, I think the problem could be originating from the EFI software they have on these notebooks. I'm currently talking to a senior engineer at Apple to fix this problem. I will report back if they have any fixes to this issue. Also, what software do u have installed other than the standard software it comes with. And also, go to system settings > users and groups > login items and tell me what you have there. Maybe there is a connection to this problem. I thought I was the only one.

Jun 5, 2014 12:30 PM in response to Ada Hsu

I found out my issue long after, apple helped me. Mine was caused by the lack of support of the mtp driver. Everytime I connected my android, it would eject sd card slot. Mine was caused because of the program android transfer program auto starts when i log in. With that program, any usb i plug would eject the sd slot. Unless you have models before 2013, this shouldnt affect you.

Jun 6, 2014 6:55 AM in response to DFLeiva

you didn't need to reformat your computer, all you have to do is remove application from the login items in system preferences, force quit the process in activity monitor and delete the application. But i guess thats good you dont have the problem anymore. By the way, this is only occuring on models before 2013. I have no idea why, but my haswell macbook air does not have this issue and I am able to use the Android File Transfer, without issues. The only difference between yours and my issue is that, my Keyboard and Trackpad was not working after it improperly ejected. Sometimes for a few seconds and sometimes indefinetely.

Internal SD card slot, disk not ejected properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.