Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I seeing iCal invites to other peoples calendars after updating to Mavericks?

After my upgrade to Mavericks, using iCal 7, I am now seeing many invites that are to calendars I subscribe to (i.e. not my calendars) - even though these calendars are just being shared as "Public" and not ones that I should be able to edit.

Note: Clicking on Accept, etc on these invites does not accept the invite in other people's calendars.

OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 1, 2013 2:41 AM

6 replies

Dec 9, 2013 1:02 PM in response to slimbloke

I don't know if this is related but ever since upgrading to Mavericks, after an event has elapsed on my google calendar (which i sync via caldav), the event's properties are changed such that an invitation is created for that event and the only invitee is me. This generates a stupid prompt on the web version of google calendar if I try to edit that event because once google thinks the event contains other invitees, it asks me to confirm whether or not to notify the invitees of the change I just made.

Jan 16, 2014 5:56 AM in response to slimbloke

I'm also experiencing this problem, with Calendar and my Google account (which is a Google Apps for Business accounton our company domain).

I hadn't been aware that clicking on Accept had no effect on those other calendars; I'm going to experiment with that to verify.

But I agree with vzaliva, this is a serious issue that makes Calendar significantly less usable.

Aug 12, 2014 7:47 AM in response to slimbloke

After many months of talking with Apple Support, their engineers and multiple periods of the issue being escalated, Apple have now practically given up saying it's a bug (nice). There may be a clue where Calendar users who do not use an iCloud.com email address for their Apple ID may be initiating the error. With multiple users like this, it propagates through my Calendar into many invites to events that are nothing to do with me in the drop-down box from the top-left of the app (even though I get the correct number showing up next to my calendar title in the left-hand list).

Phhh... Exchange Server here I come, unless the next OSX fixes it (as it was all fine before Mavericks)

Why am I seeing iCal invites to other peoples calendars after updating to Mavericks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.