Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not read SD card from my AVCHD video camera

Before I upgraded to Mac OS X 10.9, I used to be able to put my SD card from my Sony NEX-VG20 card into my card reader and it would recognize the AVCHD folder that contains the .mts video files.

With Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks, the OS treats the AVCHD folder like it was a single file.

This only happens in Mavericks. I have another Macbook that still has an older version of Mac OS X and the files are read properly.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 1, 2013 4:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2013 4:59 AM

If your media processing application cannot import the files from that drive directly (and it should), you can get into the package by right-clicking on the "file" and choosing Show Package Contents. You'll have to do that on at least one other "folder" inside to get to the mts files directly.

You should be able to tell your processing software to Import from that disk and it should just show you the clips available to import.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2013 4:59 AM in response to roque32

If your media processing application cannot import the files from that drive directly (and it should), you can get into the package by right-clicking on the "file" and choosing Show Package Contents. You'll have to do that on at least one other "folder" inside to get to the mts files directly.

You should be able to tell your processing software to Import from that disk and it should just show you the clips available to import.

Nov 1, 2013 4:25 PM in response to roque32

From what I've heard, it is because people were going into the folder and messing with the structure, thus making all of it inaccessible. If people just went in and copied the files like you, it likely would have never been an issue.

It is much like all the recent things Apple has been locking down to "protect" the users from themselves.

Dec 16, 2013 5:21 PM in response to WJuliao

WJuliao wrote:

But if I don't need to protect from myself? I need to link my files from my Adobe Premiere Pro project but it's imposible. When I get into the AVCHD folder there's nothing more to do. Premire read it like a single folder and the game is over. Any idea how to fix it?

Keep digging in. Three is at least one more package inside that first one. I can't remember what it is called.

Why can't Adobe Premiere read the contents like iMovie?

Can not read SD card from my AVCHD video camera

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.