Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deauthorsing Macs that are associated with iCloud Keychain

Hello,

I restored one of my Mac using Time Machine today, then I noticed that first my iCloud account is duplicate in Contacts, then I noticed that when removing an Internet Account, it asks me that it will remove my account from this Mac as well as my 2 other Macs, which one of them is the same Mac that I am using (again, duplicate).

For Contacts, I solved it by going to Internet Accounts then turned off iCloud, the on again. I tried that for Keychain, then added and removed an Internet Account, but it didn't remove the duplication for my Mac. Also, I went to Find My iPhone on iCloud.com, but I didn't find there is a duplicate Mac. I even tried to disable Find My iPhone from my Mac, but this didn't remove the duplication.

Anyone can tell me if there is a way to managed deveices associated with iCloud, particularly iCloud Keychain?

Thank you

MacBook, OS X Mavericks (10.9), Mid 2010, 8GB RAM

Posted on Nov 1, 2013 3:30 AM

3 replies

Nov 3, 2013 1:49 AM in response to AMDeeb

I've been looking for a while and I could not find anything selective.

I just found a support document http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4644 that says :

[...] you can completely reset iCloud Keychain on the device in order to complete setup.

• Devices using iOS 7.0.3 or later:
    • Tap Settings > iCloud > Keychain.
    • Tap “Approve with Security Code”.
    • When asked to enter your iCloud Security Code, tap "Forgot Code?"
    • In the next dialog that opens, tap Reset iCloud Keychain. Doing this will replace your iCloud Keychain in the cloud with your iCloud Keychain items on your device.
    • Tap Reset to confirm. Note that you will be asked to create a new iCloud Security Code.
  • Macs using OS X Mavericks v10.9 or later:
    • Choose Apple () menu > System Preferences. Click iCloud, then select Keychain.
    • When asked to enter your iCloud Security Code, click "Forgot Code?".
    • In the next dialog that opens, click Reset Keychain. Doing this will replace your iCloud Keychain in the cloud with your iCloud Keychain items on your Mac.
    • Click Reset to confirm. Note that you will be asked to create a new iCloud Security Code.

I haven't tried it myself, but from a post I read it looks like it should destroy all copies of iCloud Keychain and reinitialize it from the device you are executing this operation.

Hope it solves the problem

Deauthorsing Macs that are associated with iCloud Keychain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.